Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It isn't screaming infidelities, but your hair IS still everywhere.

 I can't sleep.
The year has definitely taken it's toll, but sleeping for three hours every two or three nights just isn't enough....it doesn't make any logical sense. I go running just about every day, 3 or 4 miles. That in itself should exhaust one's body in the midst of fall- depressed immune systems and all.
Time to turn to the world of mixtapes.
Jem- It's Amazing
The original version of this song really turns me off. This one give me that false romantic-comedy hope. It's cutesie.
Cut Chemist- What's the Altitude
Tell me you can't feel this beat.
Elliott Smith- Angel in the Snow
Madeline Peyroux- Between the Bars
Elliott covers sung by raspy-voiced beauties. Delish.
Lena Horne- Stormy Weather
The classic 1950s Valium popping housewives' songs....when they scripts run out.
Journey- Lights
Mmmm....this song reminds of driving out of the city and back home while the sun was setting against all of the cars on the freeway.
American Football- You Know I Should Be Leaving Soon
Debussy- Claire de Lune
 Debussy owns my soul.
Sleater-Kinney- Modern Girl
Erin Mckeown- Lullaby in 3/4
Pretty self-explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment