Tuesday, September 29, 2009

She's gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.

"Maybe I didn't really know you. Maybe you were just a mirage. Maybe the world is full of food and sex and spectacle and we're all just hurling towards an apocalypse, in which case it's not your fault. I'm been thinking about all these things and... you're probably standing there monitoring. And one more thing - about the letter. Nuke it. Flame it. Destroy it. - It hurts me to know it's out there. Later." 

I adore this movie, still.....though sadly, I could never be Lloyd Dobler, holding a boombox and blasting Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" outside of someone's house, as a) the situations are not the same, and b) chances are that said person's parents or neighbors would call the cops because some weirdo with Massachusetts plates is re-enacting a scene from Say Anything.


Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment