Sunday, October 18, 2009

Easy like Sunday morning....

.......I've definitely had easier Sunday mornings.

My twin sister and her fiancee came to the house around quarter after 10- oh, brunch. I suggested Brix, as I knew Amelia and Jay would be in the kitchen, and their culinary delights would please even the most critical tastebuds (belonging to my father, the chef) and the two artsy fartsy Southie lesbians that we were accompanying (my sister and her fiancee). Much to my chagrin, they complained about the wait, and though they enjoyed their brunch, said "Never again."

What the hell. Seriously?? You could go to Misty Moonlight and get some nasty eggs for 5 bucks that make you sick all day in less than twenty minutes, but reread that sentence and tell me why you wouldn't? Bastards.

Partway through the meal, I got antsy and snuck back into the kitchen- where were they? I then tiptoed out the backdoor to smoke a cigarette and found Amelia and Jay. Hooray. Hugs all around. Even during the meal, I saw quite a few friendly faces- Jay Elling, Jazu, Caity, James, Warren, Huck, Joad.....nice.

It might seem odd that I find breakfast to be slightly stressful. I suppose I should say breakfast with my "family". My sister seems to look down on me- a lot- which is awesome, because so does my father. Granted, I did not get my education traditionally (my sister attended a private college with a 5 year program to get an M. Ed.), nor was I a jock (I played pick-up soccer and in a few leagues, but couldn't make commitments due to my busy work/school schedule), and I certainly, CERTAINLY was never the kid on campus that everyone was buddies with- I was always in the lab, working, or in class, or at a lecture, or doing my 16 hours at Brigham and Women's. So, yeah, we're different, but I am still unsure of how this makes me less of a person.....in their eyes. Guess you can't spray paint a black sheep white?

ANYway. Feeling very off today. Ronnie just came home and praised yesterday's plethora of baked goods- he is my favorite critic. Even if he enjoys something thoroughly, he will tell me something he would have added or left out. Cousins are pretty great.

This entry's playlist revolves around several things puzzling me in my head right now. I will enter them in list form, as that is how I do.
1. I am a little sad that my hiking buddy never called. Or texted. I was really excited about hiking in the crisp air. I'll get over it.
2. I feel pretty lost without a camera. Just realizing this today.....possibly why I'm being so odd. Maybe it's just the concussion.
3. Pretty positive I have a minor crush on a friend, which needs to go away, hence the term, friend. Maybe it's just a music thing. Yeah. Let's go with that.
4. I had a dream (I have extremely vivid dreams), and Libby was in it, and I woke up feeling agitated. Fortunately, also in the dream, were people who were the furthest thing from her. Not bad overall, but I really wish she won't make another appearance in my slumber.
5. My birthday is at the end of the week, and I just want it to not exist.

OK. With all of that off of my chest, I will compile the playlist. Ahem. Yes.
City and Colour- The Girl
Azure ray- Across the Ocean
Kate Havnevik- Unlike Me
Ani Difranco- Marrow
Bright Eyes- First Day of My Life
Coldplay- Sparks
Joan Jett- Crimson and Clover
Sarah Vaughan- Tea for Two
Nirvana- All Apologies
Portishead- Biscuit
Sublime- Boss DJ
Cake- Friend is a Four Letter Word
Nuno Bettencourt- Crave

I can't do anymore right now.....enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. several things:
    1. this mix is awesome! just listened to it all... love the city and colour and the azure ray, both of which I'd never heard of before.
    2. how can someone not like Brix? i'm confused.
    3. so are we (you know, all of us people out here) supposed to pretend your birthday doesn't exist, or do we get to wish you happy things in spite of your desire that it not exist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i will make you a tape.
    2. they enjoyed the food, but the wait time was too much for them....impatience and italians, i don't know...
    3. as you wish- this will be the only birthday me and em haven't been together on regardless of what country either is in...and honestly, southie isn't that far. blecch.

    if not a kitchen evening, moultron is doing a keg toss at the forge for octoberfest :)

    ReplyDelete