Sunday, October 25, 2009

Writer's block and leftover love songs

Blurgh.
I just played guitar for the last two hours, and nothing, yes, NOTHING new came out of my fingertips. Also, nothing new came out of me. At all. Honestly, if you gave me something silly to write a song about, I could do it. I'm good with rhymes, times, things like that, whatever, no problem. If I actually try to do as other people do, and write from my head or heart, it's so much more difficult. It's almost painful to feel so many things and not be able to get them out.

I learned how to play "Oh, It Is Love" by Hellogoodbye and just played a ton of Elliott (who is currently playing on my iTunes). The earlier version of Miss Misery (New Moon) is pretty excellent. Le sigh.....what else?

Oh, haha. So, yesterday was my birthday. I was all pumped to have cooking night with Super Jess, but rainchecked on that so I could be around for A-dog. A-dog went far, far away. I ended up going to the Forge with Caitlin, and ended up participating in the keg toss. The place was a little too crowded for my liking, and Cait's, so we spent most of it outside. All in all, an alright day, but still sad not to having baking time. I am such a freak.

Tomorrow is Monday? Why does that seem weird? I really wish it were next Monday....I need to get my car fixed, and am slightly relieved to be getting away for a few days. Granted, I'm now booked solid for my entire duration of Boston happy funtimes, but hey. Whatever. And I get to move in with Parker next Tuesday! Nice. Again, blurgh, as my arm is very sore, and I am cranky, and honestly, why do people text me when they see Libby out at a club? It is not a surprising thing that she is there, and also, I do not live in Rochester or Boston or Brooklyn, so what the hell do I care? I don't mean to sound heartless, but I don't want to hear about her. Really. She has opted to not be a part of my life, and not being part of my life means, you know. Not. Blecch.

I'm going to stop whining and make a playlist now. Yeah? Yeah. Also.......still in some trouble.
(I decided to start linking to YouTube because IMEEM requires a membership.)

Hellogoodbye- Oh, It Is Love
10cc- I'm Not in Love
Barry White- Can't Get Enough of Your Love
Vivian Green- No Sittin' By the Phone
Phish covering ZZ Top- Jesus Left Chicago
Louis XIV- Air Traffic Control
Spacehog- In the Meantime
Everclear- Santa Monica
Green Day- Pulling Teeth
Julia Nunes- L-O-V-E


Oh, Julia. Yay! Didn't even notice that she had that up around Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. it's so frustrating trying to play and having nothing come out! lately that hasn't been my problem though...i'm in a super bummed mood though, so i guess it's to thank.
    i just learned twilight by Mr. smith.
    happy birthday to youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. twilight is amazing!!!!! thanks, love :D
    let's play some smith together soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely! where abouts are you now?? you're such a little gypsy!

    ReplyDelete