Friday, October 16, 2009

Head trauma No. 2- the new Love Potion No. 9

Not to be confused with Chanel. Which always smells like cotton candy to me.

No, seriously, let me begin by apologizing to you, random person who stumbled upon my blog, where I have been since I baked that zucchini bread. The plague I thought I had turned out to be bad bunny allergies. Like.....wicked bad. When Theo is born, I am going to have to kidnap him away, because now I know just how allergic to Mary's little Ms. Sparksalot I am.

ANYway, back to that. Let's see. Thought I had the flu- negatory. That Friday night, I was supposed to hang out with Shauna and Josh, as Shauna had just arrived home for the weekend. However, Josh was planning on dumping her to chase after my friend Amanda (yeah, too bad that didn't work out, ya creeper), so my presence was not required, nor appropriate. I ended up having to check out a crumbling chimney in Richmond, and then drove down to GB to meet up with Gwen. She seems really great- very sweet, pleasant, not a lull or uninteresting moment in conversation. Pleasant. Speaking of pleasant, I was pleasantly surprised to see Smitty and McGee also at the bar. I sort of ended up embarrassing myself at the end of the night, and have concluded that if I am ever in a bar, I should have at least one alcoholic beverage, just as so to not be so.....nervous-geek, I suppose.

On to Saturday- aha. This gets juicy. I attended the one queer event in the county that didn't include Club Red, which was closed down years ago- Quite Queer. It was........odd. Maybe because I'm more like a gay rights sort of person and not like a gay pride sort of person.....I just wasn't feeling it. It was nice to see some very dear folks, and as always, great to be Najie's pseudo-date, but I ended up having a seizure on the steps of the Elks Lodge and smashing my head on the cement. Awesome. From there, I walked my friends Danielle and Jason to her house, where he fell asleep, and I rubbed her back as she expelled the tequila from that evening onto the patch of grass in her front yard. I then walked to my car, drove home and made a giant bowl of shrimp and pasta, not realizing that my noggin was bleeding.

My friend Matt soon after sent me a text message telling me to come over......I drove back into town and ended up having conversations until 8 a.m., slept a few hours, and left. It wasn't until I was talking to Jay at Dottie's that I realized there was dried blood in my hair, and that I should probably go home and take care of that.

Two nights later, I'm playing open mic with Eamonn and forgot how to play the mandolin. So I picked up the guitar......and realized I couldn't really remember anything that wasn't by Elliott Smith. That's when I drove to the hospital. Eamonn came down for a few hours and watched TV with me and killed time playing hangman. He is such a great dude. Anyway, CT scan was pretty clear, but I'm having issues with the Concussion Clinic. Yes. BMC has a Concussion Clinic.

Now it's Friday morning, and Josh won't talk to me because my friends don't want to sleep with him. Too bad for him. Curlyhawk and Lindy are allegedly coming to visit today. That is an exciting prospect. Also, high points of the week, just to clarify: coffee with Mary, Ryan, and Jess, the awesome CD Jess made me, last Friday night, hanging out with Jason and Yelli, going to see the Laramie Project Epilogue with Jess, and random ER hangman with Eamonn. Also, random texts/FB messages. Maybe not so random. Maybe I should just thank these people? Thanks, guys.


Here is a short playlist before I give you other news you may not want to hear:
Res- Tsunami (this is just a link to the video, no mp3 available, but I swear, you'll love it!)


OK, so, there is some playlist, and now, I talk a little more.
Seriously, if you're bothered, stop reading. You have that choice.


My father is sitting in the recliner I bought for him eating bread pudding. Bread pudding for breakfast? He is one funny, little old man. When Robbie came over, we turned on CNN to watch for breaking news on the balloon boy (still finding it funny that his name was Falcon) and Pop was quite amused.

"Did he think he could travel around the world, like in that book you girls used to read?"
No, Pop. Clearly this poor kid doesn't have enough reading materials. Unless he was pulling a Neverending Story in that attic, reading a giant book of doom and waiting for Falcor to save him from the Nothing. Falcon, Falcor. Makes sense. Dear god, there is now a bat next to me on the couch. AGAIN. I need to block off the chimney....

This head injury really has impacted me. I misspell things, which I never do, I am so anal about spelling and do nothing with punctuation and grammar and generally, yeah, I tend to not capitalize, but I would like to blame that on e.e. cummings for entering my life when I was taking penmanship classes and learning to use a word processor at home. Damn you, cummings. 

Also, I forget what I am doing or saying in the middle, which has been pointed out, and is kind of embarrassing to admit. Yikes. Like, right now, I am more upset by the fact that I can't ride a motorcycle than by the fact that there is bleeding inside of my skull. I have never been injured on a motorcycle. I was burned slightly by an exhaust on a dirtbike when i was 11- that was all. Seriously. What the hell. I know it's already started snowing and everything, but I really like riding with dry roads and light snow.

OK, that Res song is stuck in my head now. You really need to listen to it. I heard it when that CD first came out- I think I was 18 going on 19. That song was literally stuck in my head until brain trauma of 2009 number one. I am not exactly sure if this is true, but I did experience 12 hours of something amnesiac, so I'm going to safely assume.
Here are the lyrics, I'm out until I have my morning coffee at the very least.


I feel so nice just when you're here
The reason why is not so clear
I knew the first time when you told me
I'd fall in love just as you'd hold me

And now I want to stay at your side tonight
I want to watch you as the sun lights up your eyes
I want to know when you wake first thing you see is me
You're all the things I prayed that I'd meet

[Chorus:]
Ride, ride this wave of mine
There're brighter things out on the other side
Ride, ride this wave of mine
I know that things are going to be alright

Moments they come and then they go
You'll feel so high and then before you know
I could of sworn our future was set in stone
But I guess some things it's just as well for God to know

So now I concentrate on turning wrong to right
I'm going to let go things I held inside so tight
I'm going to live and let forgive things said in spite
Clear out the smoke and usher in the light

1 comment: