Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stay classy, San Diego

So, I just slept literally for 13.5 hours, not including the several times I nodded off with Kelly and Linda were here. I mean, normally, I would be proud, but I literally had to force myself out of bed to eat something and make a pot of coffee. Also, not sure if the coffee is just doing nothing, or making me more tired......but coffee = love, so cup of Sumatra #2 is sitting next to me.

It was really awesome to see Curly and Lindyhawk (Kelly and Linda)- haven't seen them since.....I think August 3rd? Actually no, so Curly then, haven't seen Lindy since July 5th. Crazy. Curly is still living in Hull and Lindy is living in Quincy, and both are so incredibly miserable, so being out of there for a day seemed to help. That and homemade pizza and apple pie ;) These two are the kind of friends that really make miss living in Boston, it's really hard to live so far from people who feel like family.

In other news, the referral lady from Hillcrest Hospital never called back yesterday (big surprise), and I am actually starting to form a genuine concern about the safety of my brain. Granted, I am still going to go hiking today (though Gwen has not telephoned, I am adamant that I will get out into nature), and if everything persists and/or gets worse after that, I will go back to the ER and let them have at me, because man......red tape and all of that is just RIDICULOUS and unnecessary.

On the brighter side of life, I feel like I've had my catharsis and have moved through the phase of being any sort of upset about Libby- including that last little bump of "Wow, I really hope she figures out what the hell she's doing with her life." It was probably the visit from Curly and Lindy. There comes a time when you realize that you can love people so big and so hard, but no matter what, you can't change them for the better at all, nor can you help them change for the better if they refuse your help. So it goes. So, today, I'm feeling a bit of satisfaction, I suppose, in not caring so much about someone who is unwilling to change anything about her life because she is comfortable being financially dependent on her parents and refuses to find a job in any other field than the one for which she received an M. Ed. in. (Administration in Higher Education is a pretty refined field.)

In celebration of said catharsis, I am unsure of how this will currently affect my musical choices. I suppose it will be regular music that I listen to when I feel.........good. OK. Normal. Fine. Well. Actually......pretty damn good. I think I just need to see my Curlyhawk and have her tell me I look and awful lot like Frodo. She's like....more of a sister to me than my twin sister, and not to be insulting, much closer.

BAMF! Music para ti!!!
Beerjacket- Belong In
Amos the Transparent- Lemons aka Little Fish, Big Pond
Barzin- Stayed Too Long in This Place
Metric- Succexy
Rocky Votolato- I'll Catch You
Radiohead- Like Spinning Plates (was just remembering how much I enjoyed Radio and Juliet)
Camera Obscura- Suspended from Class
Azure Ray- Displaced
The Commodores- Easy
Shakira- Dia de Enero (couldn't find and online mp3 for this one :( phooey)
Minus the Bear- El Torrente

No comments:

Post a Comment