Thursday, October 1, 2009

I am officially sick

Try my zucchini bread. This and tea help me through the worst of colds.

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (put in more if you want stronger flavor)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (put in more if you want stronger flavor)
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup water
about 1 cup (shredded) zucchini

Preheat oven to 350˚

Mix sugar and oil in large bowl. Add eggs and beat well. Add all dry ingredients and mix with water adding slowly. Mix until just combined, don't over mix. Fold in zucchini or bananas. Pour in a greased loaf pan and bake for 60 - 70 minutes. Check at 60 minutes. If still wobbly in center give it another 10 minutes. Cool completely. I like to store my loaf wrapped in foil, it keeps it super moist.



Soundtrack for cooking said bread:

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kitty Kit,
    I too far away to take care of you from here, but I'm making Zucchini bread in your honor and I send hugs and kisses. Miss you!
    I'm enjoying your blog :o)
    Besos!!!

    ReplyDelete