Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ed Olimpo is the best party buddy ever made.

Last night- I get to Christen's a little after 9. Had a hard time finding house because, what? Her horrible ex, Ryan, had the electricity shut off on her. Didn't matter- she had lanterns and battery operated lights, and with some juice from the neighbors, the basement was completely alight and blasting pop 80s music.
I must say, I was very impressed with Rob, Rob, and Ed- Rob M. was a zombie, but he literally looked like he walked off of the Shaun of the Dead set. Rob D. was the dick-in-a-box guy, which he pulled off crazy well. Ed, oh, man. Ed was the chalk outline from a homicide. Most original thing I have ever seen on Halloween. He was wearing all black, and outlining his body was masking tape. It was crazy good!
After being a sucky partner at flip-cup, which I had never played until last night, Christen dressed me up as Cindy Lauper. I did not fit into the skirt of shoes, but I did wear the rest of the outfit, because I love her dearly. I took it off when Ed and I migrated to Brew Works to meet Chris K., Jen, Rice, and some other people. I had to laugh- Jen was wearing the same thing she wore at the last Halloween party I saw her at. Which, I am pretty sure, was 4 years ago. She pulls off pirate wench better than any other woman I know.
We had a little bit of an issue at Brew Works- Manoj and my cohorts apparently had a falling out before, so a few people didn't end up coming to Club Grooove with us.
Oh, Club Grooove.....I hadn't been there since it was Club Red. Yeah, I danced my ass off. Chris K. wandered off, ending up at Friends, where Jen ended up, as well. Ed and I danced the night away, until we got way too sweaty. I love dancing to salsa and hip hop, which might seem odd, because I'm more of a punk-folk-jazz girl, but those beats......these hips were made to dance.
Interesting point of the evening- I was dancing, and this girl I had met at the Brew Works was dancing in front of me, which honestly, whatever, people dance, but, she said hi, and I said, hi, my name is Kit, and she said something back, which I thought was a mispronunciation of "Kit", but it wasn't, it was a compliment, and then I felt awkward. REGARDLESS. Ed is crazy fun to dance with, as is Chris H. and Lauren V. Awesome!!!
So, from Grooove, we headed on to Friends, where Chris and Jen were. They were at capacity, which was fine, so we planned on heading to the Home Plate to meet up with Carlson and Liam. Jen went home, and Chris followed us to the Plate.
Morty was flashing last cal when we pulled up, and the Plate was full of the usual suspects- Liam and Jarrett and Frank, Carlson, Sprague and Derek, and a bunch of typical 20 somethings. Didn't see Belland, which was sad, but soon. We rounded up the crew and gave them directions back to Christen's as it was only 2, and the party was still raging forth, which I had discovered when Rob sent me a text saying "Come back! Beer pong!"
Upon arriving back to Christen's, with Chris K. in tow, Ed was the chalk outline of the party. Ha. That was supposed to be a joke. Becky Kelly was there, as was Lindsey Robitaille, both awesome. Becky and I partnered up for beer pong, and we conquered. See, I never really got to play beer pong in school, so, playing it makes me feel like I'm picking up what I missed out on. Unfortunately, the first round I had played, I was scolded because I wasn't drinking, and it is a drinking game. Oops.
We laughed and drank and had a fun time. In the end, Rob D. drove me home, and we sat outside of my house and talked for a long time. That kid, honestly, I don't know how he isn't married, with kids. He's a true blue guy, but it seems like girls don't really give him the chance. That, or they walk all over him. I've witnessed the latter.
Viking hat atop my head, I walked into my house after 6 a.m. and proceeded to make coffee and breakfast. Pop came down and we had a lengthy discussion, AGAIN, about me going to Nablus. He really is trying to understand, and I can appreciate that, but I don't want to have the same conversation every day until I leave.
Hmmm. Yeah, that about wraps it up. Smitty, surprisingly, was in town last night, dressed in blue and red (I think) bubble wrap. So many people I haven't seen in a while, yet I still felt like there was someone missing from the whole evening.
Haha.....oh, Halloween. Pretty sure last night was the first Halloween that I wasn't THE designated driver. Yes. Yes. In the last 4 years. UHmazing.

Playlist in the spirit of not being hungover, having a blast, and Ed and Christen enjoying my anise cookies.

SNL- Dick-in-a-box
Aaliyah- I Miss You
Outkast- Hey Ya
Madonna- Like a Prayer
Cyndi Lauper- Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Radiohead- High and Dry
Def Leppard- Love Bites
Kris Delmhorst- Blue Adeline
Paramore covering Kings of Leon- Use Somebody
Julia Nunes covering Del Amitri- Tell Her This

No comments:

Post a Comment